When it's hot and even the breeze brings no relief, the time has come for me to make Fresh Peach Pie. Simple, yet cool sweet and refreshing, this pie is met with “Ooohs” and “Ahhs” everywhere I take it. Almost no skill is required and yet my ego is fed by the rave reviews. - Author and Maven of all things Delicious, Cathy Cleary
Fresh Peach Pie
Makes one 9 inch deep dish pie
8 cups peeled sliced peaches (8 medium peaches)
¾ cups sugar
3 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup graham cracker crumbs (16 squares)
3 T. butter – very soft or melted
1 cup heavy cream
3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- In a sauce pot mix together cool peaches, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and salt.
- Heat over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Peaches will release juice which will get bubbly and thick.
- Let cool on the counter 1 hour, then in the fridge for at least one hour to cool. This can be made a day in advance.
- Mix together the graham crumbs and the butter, press into the bottom and partway up the sides of a 9 inch pie pan.
- Pour cooled peaches into the pan
- Whip together heavy cream and powdered sugar until it’s fairly stiff.
- Spread whipped cream over top of peaches leaving about an inch around the edge so the peaches peek out.